Jan 26, 2011

Obviousness

Yesterday was it, the day I knew was coming. I got the look.

I was in the kitchen at work and a friend walked in and looked at me. She looked down, she looked up, then she cocked her head to the side and asked "Is that what I think it is?"

Finally, after over week of feeling like it was so obvious and having my husband and girls tell me I'm wrong - I know that it really is unmissable.

DSC_0728

Yesterday was also the day that we got a real snow storm and what a storm it was. I tell you what. Snow doesn't scare me. I drive in it willingly and without too much worry but yesterday's storm was like nothing I've ever seen before.

It hit during rush hour and the big, wet, flakes fell so fast that the plows couldn't keep up. Cars slid here and there and in some places it got so bad that people just abandoned their cars. There was a multi car pileup at the end of our street. A friend of ours was stuck in is car on the GW Parkway for 10 hours! I'm thankful that I only took 3.

But today is a new day and, at least for now, the snow looks very pretty.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Is it a baby bump? Or a snow bump? lol

Manise said...

Cracking up at Carole's comment! You need to move up north where people know how to plow and drive in the snow. That way we'd get to see you more often. :-)